Saturday 6 January 2018

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - January 2018 mini kit

I volunteered for mini-kit duty in January because I knew that I wanted to try to get ahead with my Project Life for 2017 and I've really been enjoying making up these smaller (though still pretty big!) selections that get used for a particular project.

I picked out the Cocoa Daisy November Fair Isle kit for us to be inspired because I loved the mix of wintery, Christmassy and neutral colours which could give each of us somewhere different to go.


My mind went in many different directions and it took me a while to settle on how my kit was going to come together. But when I looked at the patterned papers in the kit, my eye settled on the florally, leafy print in those gorgeous soft pinks, greens and shades of orange.


It suddenly reminded me of the BasicGrey Indian Summer collection from way back when. I pulled the papers in the collection and selected one sheet that then formed the centre point of my kit. So, from a distinctly wintery, Christmassy kit I've made a kit that's distinctly autumnal - perfect!


Here's my January kit, "Together".


It looks bigger than it really is! There's the one sheet of 12x12 and all the rest of the papers are from my scrap box and PL card box.

I added in a whole bunch of die cuts, a couple of tags from previous kits and lots of little bits and pieces that I could imagine being useful for decorating pocket page cards. As luck (or it *might* have been a little planned) would have it, the next spreads I need to do for PL will be September and October which of course are perfect for the colours and embellishments I've added in here.


I struggle with alphas for the smaller canvas of pocket cards so I added in a couple of smaller fonts so that I have more choice.


You will already have seen this die cut which I "forged" using the inspiration from the original kit. It also gave me the name for this kit (gather is a name I've used before).


Labels, die cuts, gems and nature inspired elements inspired by the original kit. I added in sequins rather than the gold stars and included a few bird veneers instead of more die cuts.


It looks like a lot and I knew I probably wouldn't use it all. I had two months in my PL album in mind to complete and I thought that I might be able to find a way to use this kit for both. Let's see how that works out...

Well, as it would happen I managed to get October 2017 completed using just some of the papers and embellishments and has enough left over to get September done (I'll share that if when I get that done)!





 




I feel like journalling is missing but to be honest, I wasn't sure about where to put it! This process is still not settled and it's not yet getting any easier for me. Nor am I any quicker. I think I need to think about this a bit more for 2018 to get it clearer in my head. But for now, I want to get 2017 finished so that I can move on. I think I have almost 7 months done now and quite a bit of September done too so it's coming along.

But when I look at the gorgeous pages out there and our very own Master Forger Susan's delightful pages, I know I have a long way to go! Ha ha.

More soon, but for now, thanks for being here today and make sure you play along over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. All info about how to join in and where you can find us in on the blog here.

6 comments:

  1. I love your pages...I really think they look great and you included a lot of pretty little touches and finally and most importantly "it's done" so there's that accomplishment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're being too hard on yourself. I think it all looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspired kit and some great P/L pages there. Is that you in Leiderhosen? (cute)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the kit you put together - love that you were able to pull an autumn themed mini kit out of a very Christmas themed inspiration. Oh how I miss Basic Grey! Their florals were just so distinctive!
    I love the light feel to your PL spreads and the way you used the doilies and threads. Thanks so much for the lovely compliment, too! Just like with scrapbooking layouts, I think it takes a lot of time to figure out your PL style. Believe me, I have plenty of spreads that I don't really like, but they're done and so I just move on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages. Love the colors in your main 12x12 sheet. All are so lively.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mini kit is amazing and I love your pages! I have been working on Project Life style pages for a couple of years now and still feel like I don't know my style for it! I am keeping on with it as I love the concept of it. Maybe if I made more time to work on it...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...