Thursday 24 August 2017

August at Scrapabilly (part 2)

A second post to share the August Scrapabilly Kit des Monats layouts with you. You can find part 1 here if you missed it.

The August Kit des Monats features Fancy Pants Dream Big collection and is full of beautiful soft colours, gorgeous motifs such as clouds, stars and soaring birds, and is just all-round lovely. The kit includes 6 collection papers, some mini alphas, a pack of collection die-cuts, a cute set of postmark stamps and some puffy word elements - also from the collection. 

Here's the kit photo.


The sewing machine was in full use for this layout which is one of my favourite two layouts using the kit. I decided to go whimsical with this one and use the clouds (who can resist those faces), birds and stars to make a page with a few words about my niece who can be seen in the photo from many years ago.



Several of the word elements seemed perfect to mix in with the sleeping die-cuts.


I went with printed strip journalling which I often forget and then use all the time again when I remember. I love the look of the white on white strips and the simple black font.

I collected together flowers and leaves for this sweet cluster at the edge of the photo block and used some foam dots here and there to give it a little dimension and texture.



This last layout started with the decision that I couldn't bear to cut up that gorgeous road paper. Then I pulled together some elements to make a die-cut cluster and then the rest of the design came together.



A pocket for my private journalling and again, printed to keep the look simple and plain.




Well, that's it for this month but I might try to share the July kit here too soon as I really loved using it and I think it might still be available in the Scrapabilly shop.

Check out the Scrapabilly shop for this kit and a whole treasure trove of scrapbook products.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that floral cluster on the first page is gorgeous! I like the journaling strips too - it does have a pretty and clean look. Good idea not to cut into that road paper. I like the stitching you added and of course your lovely photo too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...