Friday 4 November 2016

Forgeries on the Fourth


I explained in my Counterfeit Kit Challenge reveal post that I based almost all of my November kit, Foxy, around the concept of foxes which I could see on a tag in the original kit so I asked if I could borrow this super sweet die from a scrappy friend to make up a few foxy embellishments too.


Originally one crop evening, we'd all made ourselves cute foxes in orange and white cardstock but I wanted to give it a go with some of the Cedar Lane scraps I included in my kit.

These were the papers I thought I'd try.


I have to admit that I'm not much of a paper-piecer and lack the patience that several of my lovely crop friends have (they sit there making things like this all evening!). I tend to get glue everywhere, things are crooked or dirty and I just sort of give up! So I limited myself to just five figures.

I cut and made up one to make sure that I knew what I was doing and that it would work with the papers I'd picked out, and then batch cut another four sets.


Et voilĂ ! Five adorable little figures that were worth all the effort and glue! I fell in love with them right away and knew that they were perfect for my kit concept.


Love them!


The original kit had a tag with a fox printed on it and as this was the first thing that had caught my eye, I decided to just combine one of my foxes, a tag and a couple of stickers from the Shimelle booklet to make my own version.


Next up, the ribbon in the Cocoa Daisy kit grabbed my attention and I realised that this was too easy a counterfeit to pass up! I don't have many stamps nor do I have much stamping ability but I applied some mini designs onto a cream length of twill ribbon. I used a dark brown and a black just to give me a few inches of each design. I don't use much ribbon these days but I've already added a little to a tag on a layout that I'm trying to finish off. I'll share that soon.



As ever, easy easy easy. The ribbon took just a few minutes and the foxes took me longer than they needed to because I took my time to make sure I didn't make a mistake.

Why not make up your own counterfeit items for your kit?

On the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog you can find some links for some autumnal printables so check those out too - they look perfect for any November kit.

Don't forget that we love it when you join in and make up your own kits. Share your kit and your creations over at our Link-Up page and don't forget the Member Blog Hop on the 24th. 

***** MEMBER BLOG HOP ***** 


Find out how below!  
Go on, you know you want to! 
Your project should be something new, using a Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit, that you haven't shown before and will only post for the hop. Be inspired by any of the challenges this month or just share something you've created with your kit. Remember, the more the merrier and it never fails to be a lot of fun! 
To be a part of our blog hop: 

  • E-mail us your name & blog address & promise to participate at thecounterfeitkitchallengeblog@gmail.com by the 18th November.
  • You will receive an e-mail from us by the 20th November with a list of the hop participants.
  • You will need to schedule your own blog post showing your project based on a challenge and link to the person after you in the hop.All Blog Hop posts will need to be scheduled to go live on the 24th November at 12:00am Mountain Standard Time (Arizona) but we will help you with the scheduling

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful forgeries Lisa! Those foxes are adorable and I love your version of the tag. I didn't even notice the ribbon in the inspiration kit but I really like how you stamped your own version of that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the foxes and the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your foxes are adorable! Wish I owned that die.
    The ribbon is inspirational too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa these foxes are amazing!!! I may have to download a cut file and give this ago. I also printed up some of those amazing printables you linked to at CKC. Can't wait to work those in this month.

    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable! And I'm with you; I can't make things like this in duplicate, I would've just made one!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...