Sunday 30 October 2016

October at Simple Scrapper #1


October at Simple Scrapper saw me combining two of the month's sketches to have a go at a double spread - something I rarely do these days. It was a lot of fun to work out how to make it look like a cohesive design and flow nicely across the full 24".


I tweaked both sketches to accommodate my design. This sketch indicated embellishments under the photo so I just swapped it out for my main journalling and a sub-title. The card on the left of the photo replaced out a journalling tag.

Sketch #326 from the October 2016 collection and Story Starter #1 - "On the Table" from November 2015

And on this side, I skipped the journalling under the title and went for some simple text directly on the photo to indicate the food that we enjoyed. However, both sides are still relatively true to the original designs of both sketches and prove that you can combine two to make a full spread very easily.

ketch #323 from the October 2016 collection and Story Starter #1 - "On the Table" from November 2015

To ensure flow and cohesiveness across both the pages, I used tones of red, white and blue which match the theme of the page but not the true tones that you can find in the photos. Additionally, I used one collection of paper and embellishments, (Jen Hadfield, DIY Home) ensuring that elements of all colours, designs and patterns appeared on both sides. This was so much fun and reminded me just how great it is to make spreads where you get so much space for all the typical elements on a page - photos, journalling and pretty stuff.


The Story Starter "On the Table" really focussed me to concentrate on the real story of this very British afternoon tea. The bringing together of family - across language and culture which is a very important part of my life.


I wanted a title that supported the subject of the page without being too obvious. And the gold won out even though I use this alphabet so sparingly! I can't bear the thought of it running out - good job I bought three sets.





To find out more about the many resources and inspiration - including the sketches and story starters I use each month - available to inspire you to create beautiful pages and tell meaningful stories in a supportive, communicative community environment, check out the Simple Scrapper premium membership here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...