Friday 24 June 2016

Counterfeit Kit Challenge June member blog hop

Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge June member blog hop. Nice to see you here again this month.

I'm kicking off the hop this morning so if you get lost along the way, head back to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog or you can find the full blog hop list at the end of this post.

Next up on the hop is Elaine so make sure you go over there and say hello - she always has such lovely projects to share!

This month, the Counterfeit Kit Challenge offered these challenges to inspire us to use our stash:

I decided to go with Challenge #3 - Everything old is new again. Give new life to the oldest items in your kit.But I have to say, all of the three challenges were appealing and I'm saving up the others to try to find time for.

First up, I looked through my June kit, Potpourri, and identified all those older items - frames and photo overlays as well as a bunch of chipboard die cuts, and a rub-on alpha. Some of those chipboard die cuts are SEI that I bought WAAAAAY back and they have a gorgeous copper metallic effect to them. And that gave me the idea of scooping up all the Theresa Collins die cuts that I couldn't imagine using and embossing them in copper.


I'm not sure if the embossing turned out as great as I had in my head but I'm happy with the overall layout using a photo I just took yesterday - love it when I get inspired like that.


It was great to find a place to use the leftover fussy cutting flowers that I had from the Scrapabilly June kit and also a few scraps from a previous Counterfeit kit that I threw into Potpourri to use them up.



I realised that you can't even see the copper embossing in the main photo so I tried to get a few shots to show the gorgeous rich colour. What I don't really like is the rough texture that I got - maybe I needed to do more layers?



Thanks for dropping by this morning. Elaine is next up, pop over and say hi! Here's the full list in case you get lost along the way.

11 comments:

  1. Ooo love the layout - it's so pretty with the fussy cut flowers and the copper element is so cool. I love the texture effect actually. I do think another layer or more, you will get the smoothness that you want. Love the stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty :) Great idea to emboss the pieces it made the frame really look cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, there are so many things I love about this layout! The bronze embossing is fantastic, and I love the watercolour title! Also those fussy cut flowers, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to bring uniformity to some (mis-)matched embellishments by heat-embossing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the citrus colors with the deep green, and all the divine layers. I, too, have always loved an evening storm :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea. Lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing and beautiful page - I love it! I think I will be "borrowing" your design sometime soon. Very clever idea for the bronzing - I'm not much of an embosser but I remember seeing somewhere that a couple of coats will give the piece a smooth and glossy sheen. Loving all the layers on this page too and the stitching just adds one more wonderful thing to look at - another fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout--everything works so well together. I love the copper embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the split look here!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...