Tuesday 24 May 2016

Counterfeit Kit Challenge May member blog hop

Welcome to this month's Counterfeit Kit Challenge member blog hop.

I'm right at the end of the hop so hopefully you've reached me via Natalie but if not, why not pop back to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to start at the beginning so you don't miss out on the fun.

As always, we are here today to share anything we've made with our kits - Challenges, Forgeries on the Fourth or in fact, anything new. Here are the challenges we have to choose from in May:

I'm doing LOAD516 at the moment so I combined one of the prompts about what was making me happy or excited along with the CKC challenge #2 - sketch #1.

As usual, there was a bit of free interpretation of the sketch but I think you can see the original in there if you look close enough.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge May kit, Sprinkle #5

I see there's a little bit of stuff along that white cardstock edge - I'll have to erase that off. Can't imagine how I missed that.

I added in a little paper from my November 2015, Remembrance kit, which is still going strong

I misted these letters and then used my heat gun which gave it this really intense gold surface


While the photos were taken in March during my trip back "home" to the UK, I was totally excited to get to meet fellow Master Forgers Jemma and Lesley! We chatted and laughed and shared experiences over a delicious lunch and became real friends rather than "just" internet friends! That brings my tally to a grand total of FOUR MFs met in real life. Love that I've had that chance and later on in the summer, Julene and I also have plans to meet up here in Germany.

I also have these two layouts which I made using my May kit.

It's not a perfect photo as it was taken at night but I think you get the idea - Counterfeit Kit Challenge May kit, Sprinkle #2



I love these little veneer hearts so much - I could have used dozens!

Counterfeit Kit Challenge May kit, Sprinkle #4





Thanks for dropping by today. Here's the full hop list in case you get lost along the way.

13 comments:

  1. All these are fab - love how you've used those wood elements to full effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a finale to the Blog Hop ... I especially love that first page <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first layout,great colours ant details.The others are wonderful too. Counting down the days until my trip now & meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts! Love all the fun details in the layouts and especially love the first layout where you document the master forgers' meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these layouts--especially the cupcakes and bokeh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layouts are so gorgeous! And HOW FUN that you guys met up IRL! I love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layout and cool way to end the hop :) so glad to see a LOAD layout featured to this hop :) The sketch was a nice way to do the prompt and love the cluster on the layout with the gold thread :) So cool to see an old kit brought into the layout too :) yes I got a few that are ongoing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really delightful! I like the way you added the gold to the letters on your first page, and how wonderful that you've been able to meet so many scrappy friends in person. Your second page looks so celebratory with the cute banner and splatters, and I love the colors against all the white. And I think the last page is my favorite, maybe because my own cupcake girl is home from college. The circular embellishment at the bottom reminds me of a chocolate frosted cupcake. That photo has made me a little hungry too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabulous layouts... Clever use of the gold twine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:05 am

    Love your cupcake page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sitting here grinning at my screen :D
    Three happy pages - sigh - you are definitely in uber LOAD mode & I only made it to Day 3...
    Love the heated misted letters on page one - will have to try that out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:54 am

    love 'em

    ReplyDelete
  13. How could I go past that beautiful page about your meet up without saying..fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...