Wednesday 16 March 2016

16 loves {March 2016}

Welcome to the next in the series {16 loves} for 2016.

For the last few years, I've been sharing my loves each month - a little bit of everything that has caught my eye or been enjoyed over the last month. So, a new year and new inspiration. I hope you will come back each month to see if there is anything in my list to inspire you. 

To see what's inspired me in the past, click to find all my {13 loves}, my {14 loves}, my {15 loves} and my {16 loves}.

I hope there's something in here to inspire you or maybe just make you smile.



one

Long long ago, Shimelle had a Design Team call which, although I wasn't lucky enough to be picked for, ended up happily with a guest spot on her blog as one of her featured Guest Artists! I was super happy to be given the chance to use showcase my way to scrap three phone photos on one layout using some of the latest Shimelle Starshine collection as well as some scrummy Simple Stories Heart papers and a smattering of pretty embellies! You can find the full page on her blog here



two

Love this Pinterest find with all those gorgeous leaves and the full line of decoration along the middle. One to lift.

Magda Mizera for Glitz on Pinterest

three

I want this room! What a gorgeous combination of navy, pink, stripes and geometrics. Of course, I'd need to add in a bit of gold too.

Originally found on Pinterest but I can't seem to find the source any more :-(
four

As part of LOAD, I fished out some older photos from the Philippines. I love looking back at those hot days and seeing the adventures I got up to. Here I am on Bohol at the Chocolate Hills - a geological wonder!



five


This looks delicious - Quinoa salad with asparagus, peas, avocado, and a simple lemon basil dressing. 

six

I needed to get gold foiling for another project I can share next month and then went right on and had a go at the Shimelle Starshine Minc cards. I love the effect. I don't have a Minc but I am intending on getting a cheap laminating machine which is all you need - of yes and oodles of metallic foil sheets. I see a lot of shine in my future!!!


seven


I love the look of this - I clicked on a  few of the links and can feel my sewing fingers itching to get going. If only I could - my sewing machine only knows paper but maybe one day.... maybe I could get back to sewing fabric! Could be fun.

My obsession continues. I went along to the David Bowie is... exhibition. Again. This time in Groningen in The Netherlands. *sigh*


nine

I took the chance to stay overnight and headed out to the coast. It was a glorious day - windy, fresh and sunny. Perfect for a stroll along the beach....



ten

And then to a small town called Harlingen right there on the North Sea coast - with that canal and the sweet, pretty houses, it could only be The Netherlands!



eleven

And a highlight of my day. Just standing and looking out at this.



twelve

I'm not really "artsy" enough on my scrap pages to think I could get away with anything like this page by Wilna Furstenerg but I love it nonetheless. You never know, I might try lifting it at some point. But I find it truly inspiring.

Wilna F for Webster's Pages

thirteen

I'm dreaming of finding the money and corner of our flat for an old-fashioned bar cart. Love all the inspiration out there on Pinterest for which cart to get and how to stock it. 

Pinterest source here

fourteen

I love the Instagram steals I make of my sister's photos of my adorable new niece. I think she takes after me! I sleep like that :-)



fifteen

LOAD month means that I made a whole bunch of layouts which I love. 33 layouts in total along with 5 featured layouts for 5 prompts throughout the month. It just makes me happy to scrap every day, no matter how stressful it it!

This is my standard, end of month pile of layouts layout. Love!



sixteen

A trip back to the UK next week means cuddly presents a plenty. Now this one, I could keep for myself... 





Ilove you to share your own {16 loves} lists with me. Why not link up in the comments below?


{16 loves} is a series that will feature on my blog each 16th of the month

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing this series from you every month - what a lovely collection of things. I've been thinking about a minc machine myself. I have a laminator but didn't have any success using it to foil things. You'll have to let me know if it works for you. Great travel photos too. The Netherlands are on my husband's bucket list so maybe we'll get there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 16 love posts - such a feast for the eyes. And I pinned that feather layout too - shall we see who whips one up first, shall we?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...