Thursday 10 December 2015

Scrapabilly November kit shares (part 2)

Yesterday I shared the first three layouts I made with the Scrapabilly November kit featuring papers and embellishments from the Pink Paislee Cedar Lane collection.

Here's a reminder of the gorgeous kit


And here is layout #4. 

In October, I was lucky enough to be be in Munich at the same time as a wonderful Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition at the Kunsthalle. It wasn't planned which made it all the better for me to drop by by chance and spend an hour going round the exhibition. I may not worship him in the same way as I do Karl Lagerfeld (layout for another day) but he's a pretty awesome designer all the same.



I really loved how easy this collection was to use for totally different types of layouts just by choosing the b-sides and the more non-specific die cuts. Even though I used a very autumnally inspired corset photo, this layout has such a different feel to it - and the sparkly blue alphabet reminds me of JP Gaultier's infamous body shaped aftershave bottle (again, another layout for another day!).




I think this is my favourite layout I made with the kit and I got busy with my Cameo to cut out the skeleton leaves to go along with my fussy cut flowers. I'm sure I was inspired by something online - a wreath of leaves I think - but I have no idea where or who.

Anyway, just a little story about our mini apple harvest.







And last up for layout #6 was to use the negative cuts from the leaf die-cuts and back them with pretty papers to provide the backdrop for a favourite photo of me and my adorable nephew. Very much inspired by lots of layouts around now and specifically Paige Evans.


I softened the edges of the photo mat with vellum branches and kept the rest simple.



This seemed like the ideal spot to place those gorgeous foxes. I think they perfectly match his wonderful red hair.




Come back next week to see what I created with the December kit which features the absolutely stunning Pebbles DIY Home collection.

If you'd like to get your own November kit, you can find it here and the Design Team gallery is here.

3 comments:

  1. Love the first layout. My daughter would Kill to see that exhibition. Adore the clear leaves on your second layout and basically the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, all fabulous layouts with the fussy cut flower page as my favorite. Clever use of the negatives along with the vellum leaves on the last page and that must have been an amazing exhibit to see, judging by your fun first layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, still in love with Cedar Lane because of you!! Lovely work, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...