Wednesday 9 December 2015

Scrapabilly November kit shares (part 1)

I'm late sharing my Scrapabilly kit shares for November so I want to remedy that right away - today and tomorrow. And then early next week, I'll show you the wonderful December kit which I love, love, love!

November was based around the Pink Paislee Cedar Lane collection which was funny as we did a Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit on that very collection in November too. So I got the best of both worlds by having the "real" papers as well as the forged kit to work with during the month!

The November Scrapabilly kit contains 12 double-sided papers and the matching die-cuts from the collection as well as a sheet of Doodlebug alphas, wood veneer leaves, a Scrapabilly exclusive button and of course, cardstock.

I added in the blue glitter Thickers (here in the shop) that match the collection and was surprised just how well they went with everything and the washi shapes (here in the shop) along with a few smaller alphabets, some inks and a small amount of twine.

Here's the full kit:

  

My first layout had to be about sweet P who turned 3 recently and gets more adorable in every photo I see of her. Here she is in the outfit I sent over for her and I thought the colours in the photos were perfect for these products.




I painted over some of the words in gold mist to highlight them - I saw this somewhere online but I didn't save the link and now I can't remember which designer it was. To be honest, there were so many beautiful layouts online featuring this collection, that I know many of my layouts and techniques were inspired indirectly by them. I can't give credit as it was an overall inspiration rather than individual ideas!



I've done Remembrance Day layouts before but there was something about the printed flowers and this ombré paper that made me want to record it again - specifically, my crochet poppy I received from Lesley a few years ago. I fussy cut the complete page of printed flowers so that I could really pile them up and love the layered look I achieved here.






And one last one for today. This photo records a moment in time which was not set up in any way. I happened to look down into my handbag and saw the most perfect autumn leaf resign there, backlit by the light of my iPad which had turned itself on. It was surely a sign. My kind of sign. And it seemed to match the products pretty perfectly!


I stained the veneer leaves with mists so that they are all pretty and sparkly.






That's it for now but don't forget that you can get your own kit here and check out the DT gallery here while you are there!

I'd love it if you came back tomorrow to see the rest. Such a beautiful kit to work with...

2 comments:

  1. The Cedar Lane collection was my favorite one this year and you made some absolutely wonderful layouts with it. I like the poppy one the best; those fussy cut flowers were the perfect accent for the striking photo. I also like the gold-highlighted words on the first layout - a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is making me fall in love with the Cedar Lane line all over again. Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...