Wednesday 11 March 2015

Scrapabilly March kit shares (part 1)

This month's kit from Scrapabilly was really interesting to use because it wasn't my usual style although many of the colours are ones I'm loving right now - greens, aquas, greys and navy.

But this is exactly the reason I love working with kits as much as I do - it really stretches me to find a way to incorporate papers and products that maybe don't shout my name out as much as others into my regular style and make the kit - and resulting layouts - mine.

First up, let me show you Scrapabilly's March collection of goodness:


Chock full of papers, a sheet of specialty paper covered with glossy frames, a word and border sticker sheet and die cuts from the Kaisercraft Blue Bay collection, buttons, twine, October Afternoon Daily Flash alphabet, a Scrapabilly exclusive flair and an eye-catching metal arrow embellishment as well as the matching cardstocks, this kit had a lot to offer.

I added in a very small amount of stuff along the way - mostly cardstock and inks

I made 6 layouts in total with the kit and that left me with a few scraps and a handful of die-cuts which would be great for cards or even home-made pocket page cards.

But for now, let me share with you the first three layouts.


All the papers were double sided (except the design with the glossy frames) which gave a lot of choice for which colour scheme should be dominant in each layout. There was also a whole sheet of photo-realistic doors which I tried to use in a thematic way. Sometimes, you just have to let the papers talk to you and in this case, as soon as I saw all those gorgeous doors and shutters, this saying sprang to mind. My mum first said this to me as I left home back then at the age of 18 to go off on my South of France adventure and it's stayed with me all those years. It's as relevant today as it was back then.


A little hidden tag for my journalling to sum up those memories.



Some of the papers were very dramatic and I especially loved all that navy so I just let the papers do the talking on this one. The pack of die-cuts was perfect for adding little touches here and there as well as the border stickers I used top and bottom for interest. One of the sheets of papers was a cut apart sheet of 3x4 pocket page style cards and I found that the sayings on many of them were the perfect embellishment and would save on my alphabet!






One last one for today and again featuring "stolen" IG photos from my sister of my beautiful niece! I created the whole page here before going off to find pretty photos. I had an image in my mind of all those border strips creating a central block and am happy with how this came out. My usual splats - nearly always going from bottom left to top right! - and a few embellies were all this needed. The work stickers in the collection were the perfect addition for a bit of extra journalling.







Come back on Friday for the second part of my Scrapabilly March kit shares and then I will also be posting next week with my layouts from the Scrapabilly February kit which I haven't got around to showing yet. Most of the layouts were created during LOAD and it would appear that LOAD and blogging do not mix!

Don't forget that you can see all the Design Team creations over at the Scrapabilly shop gallery and the links to the team's blogs can be found in the right hand side bar here. I'm sure they'd be delighted if you went over to say hello!

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, wunderschöne Layouts von Dir, mit so vielen tollen Details, perfekt.
    LG Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages, Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now those colours are right up my street :). I love what you did with the windows/shutter page ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all very inspiring Lisa. Thanks for sharing them with us master forgers.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...