Saturday 12 July 2014

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - piling up the techniques

Challenge #2 is up over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge and it's all about the techniques - at least three different ones on your project.

Now, many of you might have noticed that I'm a very lazy scrapper! No really! I love to layer and potter around on my layout clustering up bits and pieces which takes me a long time. But getting all techniquey is guaranteed to take an awful lot longer for me and runs a high risk of going wrong! Add to that the fact that I need to actually get stuff out - paints, mists, masks, sewing machine, die cutting machine etc - and it's likely that I just won't.

However, never one to shirk a challenge, I decided to see how I could manage to incorporate some (easier) techniques into my standard process but still have some fun along the way.

I took out my second July Counterfeit Kit Challenge July kit, Relax (see here) and the lovely rich aquas and teals grabbed my eye directing my colour choices for this predominantly monochromatic layout.

July kit, Relax - layout #1

As I was at the Scrapabilly crop, I first scrounged borrowed the Heidi Swapp Colour Shine mist from Sylvia and a Tim Holtz woodgrain mask from Charly to get a base layer down on my cardstock. (I never remember to pack things like that - doh!) as well as using the mist to splat across the diagonal and spraying my vintage (manu?) frames to match. There, three techniques in one go!


As well as the different misting techniques, I dragged out the sewing machine to frame the page as well as making some stitched details. When you add in my usual distressing, layering and clustering I think I nailed the challenge - don't you?



Thanks for stopping by. Why not leave me a comment and tell me a few of your favourite techniques - you never know, I might just try to be a bit more adventurous on layouts to come.

7 comments:

  1. A brilliant page Lisa.
    Sewing - you got me at that one - I did have space on my desk for my machine but it just collected dust!
    Love the colours and that masked background. Crops are great when you can scrounge don't you think?
    No favourite techniques here but I'm with you on the messy bit - me lazy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout just love all the little details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these gorgeous shades of coolness...aaaaah.
    You are such a genius with what you do.
    An oasis of a page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never in a million years would you be called a lazy scrapper ... Honestly I'm always in awe of your layouts and this one is no exception

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout. Love the layers with the masks, misting drops, then the embellishments, very cool!
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those frames! Gorgeous layout

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty, pretty. And I'm with you on the "high risk of it going wrong". But hey, that usually means I get to use up more supplies.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...