Sunday 16 March 2014

Scrapabilly shares part 1

Another month, another wonderful kit from Scrapabilly even though I'm a bit late posting - I *might* have been a bit busy at the beginning of the month :-)

The kit this time is full of Teresa Collins "Hello, My Name Is..." product and you won't believe it, but I made 6 (yes SIX) layout in one evening.

First off, let me share the kit with you. You can find it in the shop here and of course you can check out all the Design Team creations in the shop gallery here or simply go and visit all the DT blogs (listed in the sidebar).  Definitely worth a visit as we've created some really different projects with the same products which I always find so interesting!


Even though I usually use a lot more embellishments, there was so much in the kit that just went so well together that all I added in were a few veneers, some twine, a small length of twill, a button, two or three sparkly brads, a sprinkle of sequins and a couple of sheets of cardstock. Of course, a few splats of mist were added in to the mix.

Here are my first three layouts.

The pack of die-cuts proved so easy to use and I cut apart the polaroid paper to mount my little photos














I was delighted to find that I could combine the papers to form very distinct colour schemes to match the photos I had sorted out







I think the key to my six layouts in one evening was the fact that I had planned it out with the photos I wanted to use for at least four of the layouts and also the great colour and pattern combinations that proved possible with the papers and matching elements in the kit. I love the variation I get for scrapping with my Counterfeit Kit Challenge kits which are full of products from various manufacturers and lots of older bits and pieces and then the Scrapabilly kits which are focussed on one recently released collection.  This way, I get a bit of both type of scrapping and I have to say that the Scrapabilly kits get made into layouts much more quickly as everything naturally goes together! Seems like I get the best of both worlds!

Another really successful kit for me. Tune in soon for part 2.

2 comments:

  1. What a power scrapping session for you! Your creations are wonderfully inspired. I was drawn to "Globe Love" as my Timmy won the National Geographic Bee for his school in December. A few weeks after he was given a written test that was sent off to the State Coordinator and we just found out that he will compete in the State Finals in April. Anyway, your globe pic reminded me of that. Whatever the outcome, I think I'd like to get him a really cool and accurate globe for his achievement (perhaps one a bit smaller than yours!) The other layout with the pup and linen made me chuckle. Love the photo of just your pants and embrace. Looks like you had a fun and productive night of scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably one of my favourite manufactureres and what a grand job you've done here Lisa :)
    Love all the polaroids on the first one and how you've used the 3x4 on "mucky pup" - off to see part 2 :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...