Thursday 1 August 2013

Counterfeit Kit Challenge August kit reveal blog hop

Welcome to August and to the new Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal blog hop. Glad to see you here and hoping to inspire you with my choices this month.

First of all, you should have arrived with me from the first half of my Lesley/Leslie sandwich but if you have dropped in directly, you can go back to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to find the beginning of the blog with our delightful GD Heidi.

This month we were given the Confidence kit over at Scrapbooking From The Inside Out and I was happy to find that I would be able to use some new papers and products from my scrapbooking fave BasicGrey's Hipster collection. I really liked the way this kit was a good contrast to the brighter colours from more recent kits and I know I say that every month, but I really like my resulting selection.

Our inspiration kit by Scrapbooking from the inside out

I'm enjoying a bit of time alone after a summer full of visitors so I decided to call my kit, Solitude.


I am really enjoying creating a Pinterest board as a starting point, so off I went and pinned nearly all the items (see it here) to give me the overview.

I started picking out my Hipster papers that matched the inspiration kit and then built from there. I avoided trying to match up the Simple Stories papers in the original kit (I used lots of Simple Stories last month) but just picked out some papers that had some of the design elements - numbers, cut apart blocks, pre-printed cluster etc. Most of these additional papers are by Teresa Collins and then there are a couple by Crate and Studio Calico.



The cardstock was matched (a bit) and anyway, I always end up adding more in towards the end of the kit so I'm not that worried.


Some AC Thickers were next in a colour that just went with my papers and some OA Mini Market woodgrain stickers instead of the large letter sheet


I noticed that the inspiration kit had some flowers and I haven't used any blooms for ages so a new pack of Prima pretties were added in for a change


Then I went through and added a few Hipster items that either matched the kit or were the same type of embellishment - die cuts, chipboard, stamps



I felt the need to have some brads and stuff so this matching set by Teresa Collins seemed perfect as well as some acrylic blossoms that I haven't even taken out of the packet since I bought them in March.


Instead of the polaroid paper I added in some ready cut frames from Studio Calico and felt that my kit needed some twine so in that went rather than having it as a free item.



I didn't have the Hipster wood veneers and decided that an unopened pack of Studio Calico shapes would be perfect


One of the things I like the most about this kit is that it has a lot of new stuff that I struggle to get used up which is a nice contrast to last month's kit where I made a lot of my own items. I think it's important to mix it up, taking older products one time and then newer stash the next. Full packs of embellishments one month with counterfeited items the next. Change it up a bit from month to month. It's all so much fun.

Now, don't forget to leave me a comment to let me know you were here and tell me what your favourite item in my kit is, and then on you go to the top slice of my sandwich - Leslie!

Guest Designer: Heidi http://handmade-heidi.blogspot.co.uk
Angela:  http://colestoucan.blogspot.co.uk/
Ashley:  http://paperforpeoplellc.blogspot.com/
Lisa H.:  http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/ You are here

15 comments:

  1. I just love your pinterest boards Lisa. Hope you enjoy your solitude! Great kit as always.
    From the top slice of bread!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your kit is very inspiring, love your flowers !

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant kit, gorgeous colours and inspiring title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the pinterest board is genius! Great way to study the contents of the kit. Must try that. Fave item? Hmmmm...I adore those woodtone mini markets. I find them to be so versatile. Have fun creating this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I need to get scrapping, mojo disappeared due to being so busy but I need to reclaim some me time. Love the kit and on Sunday I am making up a little old kit of my own.

    I'v put it out on the internet now so its got to happen! You have to help me make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Off to check out your Pinterest board. I usually pull the papers but just have them in a folder on my computer...
    I'm glad you got to use a lot of newer product! It is definitely a bonus to be able to include it in our kits since that is what we are reaching for during the month. BG never disappoints! And those Prima flowers couldn't be more perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some yummy stuff there. Can I come & play at your house? LOL. I like your flowers and cute embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am beginning to rely on your pintrest board to spring me into action. Have missed your bossoms and twine. Will be interesting to see you using darker colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this month's CKC kit looks fabulous, and I like yours even more so. (I recently used a sheet or two of Carta Bella paper I see there.) I might have to have a go at this one myself - and tackle it a bit like you - except going with the Simple Stories I know I already have and then see where that takes me. Alas no BG Hipster for me. It's been a busy fun July here too, so I'm looking forward to a little solitude of my own once school starts next week. I'll have time to check back on you often then, so get scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kit is beautiful. Those polaroid frames look fun. Looking forward to your lovely creations this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claudia1:34 pm

    stealing your Pinterest idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a lovely name for your kit and I do like those glossy brads very much ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is a gorgeous kit, I LOVE those flowers! So pretty

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...