Sunday 22 January 2012

All that glitters...

Time for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge mini-challenge #2 and it's a good'un. We are all about the glitter today and you know how sparkle makes me happy :-)

I buy a fair amount of ready glittered items - letters, embellishments or papers - but it's not often that I think about getting the pretty stuff out to add to my pages myself. So this was an even better challenge for me as it got me covered in the stuff and I found that I loved the result.

I had a rather gorgeous sheet of Authentique paper in my Resolve kit and I especially loved the swirly lines in each of the corners.




I decided to turn this into a counterfeit MME sheet of paper by adding some swirls of glitter to some of those lines - counterfeiting the counterfeit, ever the over-achiever ;-) I just followed some of the lines with a glue pen and added the glitter. The pen dries quite quickly so I did it a line or two at a time and then once it was fully dry I went over the whole area with a brush so that the loose glitter was removed.


After that, the layout came together easily. I added in some yellow vellum to my kit for my butterflies, the brown thickers and some yellow doilies that I saw in the local supermarket and couldn't resist for my kit. I've taken to just grabbing the first photo that comes to hand and making it work in some way and this is a perfect example. I just saw this photo and knew I needed to use it as a reminder.





I can't do a layout at the moment without a loopy thread/twine embellishment and a banner so of course, these are both here too. And there's a nice spot there for one of Helen's sweet hand-made fabric flowers - perfect!

What will you be adding glitter to this week?

13 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous LO, I love the idea of adding glitter to a page, it looks fab. The handmade flowers look beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glitter, the yellow and, of course, the banner and cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What is so clever about this idea, I think, is that you can draw the eye to wherever you want on the page when you are creating your own swirls. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:20 pm

    This is a brilliant idea - as soon as I saw it I wished that I'd thought of it! I loved the counterfeiting the counterfeit comment too. I may have to start copying your loopiness (!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page - sooooo much to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Lisa, I am really loving how you are using embroidery floss (?) to decorate your pages, it adds a another gorgeous dimension!

    I have a confession - i just mailed your package off this past Thursday so you should be getting it in a couple weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty, everything you added to the page looks just right - down to every speck of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, it's totally stunning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Over achieving? Yeah - it's marvellous! Came here for a peek after reading Candace's compliments about you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I scraplifted this gorgeous LO today. Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I'm just getting around to comments this month.....I love your page! I love it all...the embellishments, the glitter, the background sheet. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Lisa, I'm working on the clusters and layering. Yes, they picked my voice mail for PRT. I cringe when I listen to it. Isn't it funny how most people hate their voices when they hear it. Kind of like when you hate your own handwriting! Yes, I am signed up for LOAD! I can't wait. Wow, can you believe it's almost here! See you there my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...